About Me

My photo
Allowing the flow not to consume me!

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Believe in HOPE

Believe in HOPE

If you believe in anything, anything at all,
Believe in hope – without it we will all fall.
Fall for anything.  All will be lost,
Without hope – what will be the cost?

I know this, because I’ve been there.
I know…. I was filled with despair.
Some months ago, perhaps it was a day or two,
I clung to something they said to do.

Belief is something that comes with time,
Holding on to a thought or a feeling inside.
That leaves us knowing that all will be right,
There is a power much greater than all of that fright.

It’s in that belief somewhere deep inside,
The fear started shifting, leaving little to hide.
Like a child with their blanket, I held on so tight,
And the miracle began to stand me upright.

I peered around, loosening my grip,
And  all that shame, fear and anger began to slip,
Away to a place I could no longer afford,
To visit.   I was now with my Lord.

Their promise became mine somewhere along the way,
To keep it close to me is what I do pray.
So if hope escapes you, and fear shows it’s face,
Come visit me in my own secret place.
I will assure you of this and you will see,
That hope resounds inside of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment