About Me

My photo
Allowing the flow not to consume me!

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Staying on my side of the street

That is something this program is teaching me.  And although that sounds like a simple thing, it is not.  I find myself being pulled into drama within the walls of AA.  I pull back.  I think I"m doing good and then BAM!  "did you hear?" come up again.    So, what I'm learning about "me" is that time takes time and nothing changes if nothing changes.  So, when  a sponsee sent me an email trying to tell me about "so and so"  I politely replied, "I do not want to be part of this gossip train"  Today I want to be free from resentments that stem from knowing what "they" are doing.  It makes better sense.  Those character defects that keep cropping up continue to amaze me.   But today I have a solution.  Ask for help and STOP doing that.  I may not always be able to walk away from the nonsense in the rooms and out, but I can certainly do what I can to keep from spreading it. 
I have been given the gift of life and today I do not want to throw that back. 
Thank you God for all that I am - and all that I'm not.......

No comments:

Post a Comment