About Me

My photo
Allowing the flow not to consume me!

Thursday, October 14, 2010

The beginning

that is what I call it.  Breathing lessons.  Learning to breathe through life.  I never realized until I got sober that i dodged everything.  Ran away.  Hid.  Call it what you want.  But I was good at it.  But the more I dodge the more I drank and vise versa.  Really a sad way to live.  But I did not know any other way.  Heck I didn’t even know what I was doing wasn’t working.  Self preservation.
However, today I have a solution.  They hang on every wall in every hall of AA’s rooms.   They allow me to let you live without my unsolicited advice or input.  They allow me to breathe through those ‘things’ that used to send me to the bottom of the bottle (or other things).
I am a happy, sober woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment