About Me

My photo
Allowing the flow not to consume me!

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Getting to practice these principals........

Isn't that what you have taught me?  Ugh to that sometimes.  I 'get to' practice.  Yes sir.  Even when I do not want to.  See today, I want to be free of resentments.  Free from self centeredness.  So I have to do my part, which isn't always easy.  I belong to a pretty open minded AA group.  That lends itself to all kinds of interesting folks.  Hence the title of this post.
I came in to these rooms broken.  A puddle of mess.  You guys tolerated my sobs, my anger, my outbursts.  My endless babling.  And I need to show you the same courtesy.  Right?
However, in doing so that DOES not mean it excuses bad behavior.  There in lies my lesson.  I have tried really hard to adhere to the spiritual principals I have been shown by the program.  And when someone else gets to stay sober but still live in deceit and poor choices, I get resentful.  I kept wondering why do they get to do "half measures" and I can't?  Why?
WHY can't I?  Because I want ALl of the promises to come true.  Not just a portion.  Not just a tad.  All.  But I can not have them if I do not live for them.  
Those others that can - get what they get.  Right? 
Another lesson - another character defect reveled.  Another growth opportunity.  I don't always readily accept, but when I come around.......... I really come around. 
It is by the Grace of God that I "get to see' who I really am.  It's the Grace of God that lets me live another day sober.  Physically and mentally.  Which gives my spirit the lift it needs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment