About Me

My photo
Allowing the flow not to consume me!

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Trust the process……………………


Progress, not perfection……….

Trust the process……………………

Yadda Yadda Yadda……………….. 

I always write in first person.  I never refer to what “you” should do, I mean honestly, how would I know.  I tell this to woman I sponsor, I share what has worked and you have to find your own way.  That is what this post is about.  Finding my way.

I saw my therapist last night.  We discussed many things.  I went in feeling hopeless and left knowing someone else knew what I was going through.

We talked about trusting the AA program and the people that had gone before us.  And I did/do.  But I have seen my own results now.

We talked about many other things that we have watched others go through and seen them come out the other end.  We knew something worked.

So, where am I today?  I am trying to keep this generic.   Lets start with, if you never knew, you never knew. 

If you can define the problem, commite to a solution,   and then trust the process.

She reminded me that I am staying sober so the ‘program’ must be working.  Ok, I’ll buy that.

So, now we (i) have to relearn some serious behaviors or reactions to things around me.  (generic enough?)   Trust, trust, trust.

As I always say, what do you have to lose?

I’m in cause I have a lot to lose, just in my immediate future.  Job, kids, friends.   The way I have been lately I feel certain they don’t want to see me coming.  (joke, strictly a joke).

So, hang on…………. This may get bumpy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment