About Me

My photo
Allowing the flow not to consume me!

Friday, August 17, 2012

School DAZE

MY books.  I am so excited.  I start school on Monday 8/20/12.  I gotta tell ya the math book is so big it goes in a binder.  Dang!  I pray I won't fall on my face.  I won't allow negative thoughts (energy) come near me.  So, hi ho hi ho it's back to school I go.

On a different note.  Like a drug I am detaching from a long relationship that has got to end.  It has now been 5 days.  Now to a normal person that may sound ridiculous.  Too folks like me it's hard.  I have known this man for 21 years.  I have loved him more than I have anyone (well except my children and grandkids).  He, however, left me a long time ago.  So, the process has begun.  Healing has been going on for sometime now.  Letting go is a different story. 
Intertwined in this - is another relationship demise.  A family member who needs us really bad.  Devistated by another's choice, he is putting one foot in front of the  other in spite of how he feels.  Today he signs his divorce papers.  People are so quick to throw away relationships it is just amazing.  However, what I have learned from my journey is that I will never do to another human being what has been done to me.  And actually I have done this, many years ago.  But I could not or would not feel what he felt.  Now I understand.  If we learn anything from our life experiences then we are ahead of the world.  Most of which are so busy clawing their way around their circle of life, they hardly give others the time of day.  I have learned to do that (give of myself).  So, the pain has brought many things into my life.  Hopefully it will for him too.

Tonight we will have dinner together.  Then trek to another family members house and have movie night.  How fun is that? !  We will pop corn and engage in laughter and watch as he begins his healing journey.
Life can throw us curve balls, smack us down and then turn us loose again.  Our job is to keep going no matter what! 

I for one am a prime example of that!  I am secure in the belief that a God so powerful has been with me all along and knew exactly what I needed.  So I can breath.  I can relax.  I can go back to school and enjoy all that HE has given me.

Jj

No comments:

Post a Comment