About Me

My photo
Allowing the flow not to consume me!

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Where to begin

I am beginning to think I'm insane.  Up one day down the next.  I finally took a step towards some help.  Well, other than our program.  It was a hard and long hour to sit and talk about me.  Yes, I know, hard to believe and alcoholic that does not want to be the center of attention.  Not this kind.  I cried and talked and listened and cried.......  I may never get over losing R.  I may never find the comfort that I did not have growing up.  Security.  I may never.  Well as long as I'm looking outside of me.  I have a long journey ahead of me.  I pray that I have the strength to forge ahead.
I made an ass of myself last night with him.  I am so manipulative and during our conversation I wanted to slam blame and hurt all over him.  he remained quiet.  I blabbed on and on about how awful I felt I had been.  How my parents sucked at being parents and I was finally getting some help to deal with all that.  He just listened.  .  I wanted to scream, just tell me your sorry.   but I didn't.  I hung up in tears and he is used to that.
I want today to be better.  To be full.  I am walking forward in spite of how my dis-ease is telling me not too.

Amen to the power that keeps me sober.  Here's to hoping he can mend what is broken inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment