About Me

My photo
Allowing the flow not to consume me!

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Failure in communicating

I met w/ a precious sponsee last night.  I wanted to encourage her to utilize the 10th step more.  She has been diligent w/ 1-9 but as we all probably can attest to doing; when we feel better we back off.  Anyway sitting with her and listening to things that give her grief I tried to convey how taking a check daily will keep her side of the street somewhat clean.  That those few checks;  was I resentful, was I fearful, did I harm anyone, was I selfish or did I try to see where I could help..........  Simple and yet we sweep are days under the bed like dust that we don't want to pick up and throw away.  Eventually it will need to be cleaned up.  Why wait?
Well I am the same way.  I can do the "mental" check list but it really isn't a cleaning.  It's a dusting.  I said before I do not want mediocre sobriety.  Well how do I keep that from happening?  10, 11, 12.  Get off your duff and get going.  No one keeps tabs on us.  By the time I got to 9 I had begun to feel that God conscienceness.  Somedays I wanted more.  Then life gets better and I slack off.  Hard times hit and I panic and want the benefits from the steps......... now!
Aren't we a silly lot?  As for me, I want ALL the benefit and little work.  It does get tiring cleaning up my side daily.  But what are the options?
Misery?
Drinking again?
Death?

All options and all can be held at bay IF and WHEN I committe to this program. 

I feel like I failed at the communication with her on this.   Oh, why didn't I say,  READ the BOOK!  It's right there. 

Thank goodness for another day sober.  I shall check in with her later today.   See if she would like mediocre sobriety or better, today.

The benefits far out weigh the other.   Thank YOU God for helping, no weight..... doing what it takes in my life to keep me relatively happy and certainly much sainer!

No comments:

Post a Comment