About Me

My photo
Allowing the flow not to consume me!

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Share and Ponder

How shall I perceive ?
I have heard that life is 20% of what happens to us and 80% of how we react.  Well I have spent my entire life “reacting” to most situations.   I had a boss years ago that called me reactionary.  Whaaaaat?  Me?  I wasn’t even sure what he meant at that time.  But I was certain he wasn’t complimenting me. 
In fact I reacted to that as well.   So, how do I/we/you/they not “do” that? 
Does anyone know?  I sure don’t.  But if looking at things with a different perspective helps, then I am all for it. 
That is my rant for today.
So what’s going on?  Well the move was easy but hard.   I believe that I am still trying to get my energy back.  I will say this;  I stopped taking some meds I was given and now I am back to sleeping like a baby.

Oh, my precious babies (my cats) had/have the hardest time adjusting to the move.  I mean both of them stayed under the bed for days.  Even now if they are downstairs and the door opens they bolt for dear life.  It isn’t funny but it does make me chuckle.   
Also, I hear nothing there - meaning outside noise.  NO neighbors having sex, no babies crying, no gun shots.  No jacked up stereo’s blasting through the night.  Occasionally I will hear a siren but that could be anywhere.  Have I mentioned how much I love my new digs?  I will post a pic another day.
Man child is still there.  Having a sober child living there is so much easier.  I truly am blessed by his life now.  I actually enjoy spending time with him.  He is thriving in this new life he has been given.  And it shows.
My son-in-law lost his job after 10 years.  And that income paid all the bills.  I am praying they don’t lose their house they bought last summer.  He continues to search for a new job and D. found one working at a bank.  I am so proud of her too.  She was sad with the change in the home life.  Kids now get off the bus with dad in the afternoon.  Perhaps he will see how hard mama’s work to keep things flowing on the home front.

Life is certainly good.  I will add this though:  I haven’t spoken to my oldest sibling in a few weeks.  I finally had to detach.  I want to say I love her but hate her life choices but no one turned away from me (well not entirely) but I have to steer clear.  Her relationships are toxic for now.
JAW- to you my distant blogger – I pray all is getting better.  Share your blog with me…. 
Jj

1 comment: