About Me

My photo
Allowing the flow not to consume me!

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Prayer and acceptance

I began this blog some time ago.   I named it 'breathing lessons' or breathing through life's difficult times.
This week is hardly the exception.  Man child has been waiting a decision regarding past decisions that put him in some pretty deep trouble.  By trouble, I mean with the court system.  I do believe that in our addictions we lose all ability to act right.  Nothing matters but "more"  no matter who we hurt to get "it".

I have never faced court.  Never been arrested, but as I have stated before that is NOT because I have led an exemplary life.  To the contrary.

So, as the day continues I will say the serenity prayer over and over, for after all I can not change what is going to happen.  Neither can he. 

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change
The courage to change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Prayer works!

No comments:

Post a Comment