About Me

My photo
Allowing the flow not to consume me!

Monday, December 20, 2010

Letting Go (again and again and again)

Moving Beyone (to RJ)
I sit here this morning with a sad heart
Ready to leave you behind, begin..  a fresh new start.
But I quiver at best when the thought draws near
What will happen to you, will you be ok?  I’m full of fear.
I remember well those sad eyes as you told me goodbye
Leaving me was hard I could tell; all I could do was cry.
But time has healed many wounds so it seems
And I began to conjure up a future…. I was full of dreams.
I’d see you on weekends,  as the hurt began to fade away
I’d lay there at night and wanted badly to say
Do you still feel anything towards me my dear man?
Is there any love left inside if not, I understand.
But silently we continued, afraid to ask the question.
Leaving words unspoken – afraid of rejection.
So I sit here this day a mere six years down the road
Knowing the prayers I’ve spoken are about to unload
A totally new life for me and for you I believe
Better than anything I could possibly conceive.
However, those unspoken words have left a void that longs to be filled
Not a day goes by that I don’t  remember the life we tried to build.
But your choice was made so long ago
And I am scared, at best, but I want you to know.
That deep inside of my heart lies a spot that no one can touch
Not now, not ever…. You mean that much
So now I sit here asking God to show me the way
To let you go… Give me the words to say.
But then I think.. why am I struggling to find
A way to tell you I’m ready to leave this behind.
You see I’m certain the love that still lives
Deep inside me will never be mine to give.
You are incredible and I’ll always wish things had never ended,
But it did and now my heart and life seems somewhat mended.

No comments:

Post a Comment