About Me

My photo
Allowing the flow not to consume me!

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

ooh baby baby!


Sweet, Sweet baby!

On Friday we welcomed our newest addition to our family.  A perfect little boy.  Absolutely adorable.  I was swelling with love.  Several things to note here.  One… this is my wild child’s child.  Well wild no more child.  Miracle child.  Well no longer a child, child.  I guess you get the point.  My sweet baby boy now has a sweet baby boy.

I have a confession of sorts.  I mean can you love one child more than another?  One grandchild more than the rest?  I do not have an answer to that.  What I do know is, and this is complete honesty, is when my children were born I was too young and immature to fully grasp what was happening.  Terribly sad!  When my first grandchild came along I was elated….. add 3 more to that mix.  They are and always will be my precious babies.  Always! So, this makes baby #5 for grandchildren.  I can not believe that.  5.  I only have 2 children.  I believe this baby will be smothered with love; from his parents and certainly grandparents.  How can a baby not be loved. 

So, there are no favorites.  No one gets a bigger portion of the ‘pie’ to say, but I love them all the same… even the youngest who absolutely stole my heart.  And I needed him too since it is broken.

So, as I rocked him that first night, as I held him tight I said a prayer to our God to please keep him safe and thank you for allowing this family to grow.

There are no greater blessings than to welcome a child into the world.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment