About Me

My photo
Allowing the flow not to consume me!

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Skip to MaLoo

I have to laugh at thinking that is a great title, but this morning it seems appropriate.  Ever wanted to just 'skip' through the tough times?  Skipping school, work, church..... ?  So I was up and going at an early hour, as usual.  Church at 8:45 then probably to the pool.  Day temps will be nearly 90.

So, I cook breakfast, watch a little tv and begin to think of camping.  The state park close and better yet on the water.  Suddenly it hits me.  GO!  Just GO!  Throw on shorts and head out.  Not to camp today but to scope out future good sites and just be in the outside world for the day.

Skip to maloo.  It only took minutes to change my mind on what I know I need to do this morning.  NEED.  Very important decision.   The lake CAN wait.  But skip to MaLoo certainly wanted to derail me. 

So, that began further thinking into that very thing.  Always wanted to do what makes me "feel" better.  Most of those decisions were not always the best for the folks around me.  For years work was my biggest target.  Oh, I feel sick today (skip....)  It goes on and on.

Now, I will get up and go to church and afterwards think of going to the lake.  After all it is Sunday and I am not skipping the entire day.

1 comment: