About Me

My photo
Allowing the flow not to consume me!

Thursday, December 4, 2014

What? What?


It’s beginning to look a lot like……….

 


Really?  The stores have had Christmas music playing for weeks; they have had decorations up for several months, really?  Give us, the consumers a break!  I, for one, was not out shopping the day after Thanksgiving, nor the night before……  God bless those that did…

Speaking of Thanksgiving, with the sadness of a life slipping away, our dinner had that underlying quietness that comes from the unknown.  And it is, unknown.  We do not know our days on this earth, only that they are numbered.  What we have should be gratitude of having all of us together for that special day.  And we were.  Just looking down the long tables watching everyone eat and laugh and smile warmed my heart.  My grandkids made this so special.  My new daughter in law and of course my sweet daughter… Only one missing was the evil one (ok, that is harsh) that chose to stay away (SIL) and believe me, that was fine.  Take away is being grateful for today.

So, another crazy thing going on………. Granddaughter plays in her hs band and has for several years.  They have done so many fund raisers I can’t even count.   They are so excited about a trip in a few weeks to Tampa Florida to play at the Outback Bowl.  Now, here is the ugly truth.  The band director is an ass.  Seems he has been “helping’ himself to the ‘funds’.  Best speculation is between 6-10,000 dollars missing.  He has resigned and now been arrested for the theft.  That, while is part of it, will not return the $$ for these kids.  The boosters are helping and the school board is kicking in as well so hopefully they will enjoy the trip, the fun stuff (Disney world) and play their hearts out at the game.  They deserve it!  He has lost his job, the community respect and I suppose his own dignity over all this.  Oh and he did admit to having an alcohol problem.  YA THINK!

So, we slide into the last month of the year and the fastest paced one as well.  Everyone rushing here and there.  HMM, HMM… Slow down folks enjoy the moment.  I know I am trying too.

No comments:

Post a Comment