About Me

My photo
Allowing the flow not to consume me!

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Resolve to do what?

I am so good at picking out the ONE thing about you that irritates me.  But let you do that to me and I am completely defensive.  I have spent months angry, resentful at a woman that has been sober for 20 years.  I'd love to list her many defects but that would defeat the purpose of my writing.  Instead, IF I want to mature and grow and be free of those things which stand in the way of being useful to God and you I MUST stop.   Stop.  How do I do that?  When she walks in the room and dismisses me as if I were a school girl.  As if I don't matter.  Matter!  That's it.  It conjurs up those feelings of childhood.  It always comes to this.  I want to matter.  I want you to know I am there.  That I have something so important to say that you will be in awe of me.  OMG.  How ego driven is that?  And all along I have been more than happy to remain angry.  And I will until it gets too painful. 
This morning I read all about me in the daily meditations.  I was slapped into the reality that I have not been acting very "sober".
Resolve.  Yes, resolve to do better. 
Who am I kidding?  IF I could change me I would.  God makes that possible.  With my cooperation anything is possible.  Today is a real good example of being shown where my character is headed.  So the 3rd step prayer is invaluable to me IF IF IF I apply it to all areas of my life.

And I want too.  And I will.  And I will see how HE is changing  me.  Little ole' humble me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment