About Me

My photo
Allowing the flow not to consume me!

Friday, November 4, 2011

We can't save anyone from their pain

At my regular 6pm meeting last night there was a young girl that came in.  Hurting from addiction withdrawl which I know all too well.  She had been in a halfway house for 6 months and relapsed as soon as she got out.  What goes wrong?  Spriritual Malady.   We let go of what we know to be doing daily.  That head noise gets too loud and we either pick up the spiritual part of our program or we drink (or other things).
She left the meeting and hit it again.  I heard this morning she may try another round of rehab.
We can't take away pain.  We can't keep anyone sober.  But I can lend my experience when asked.  I am so grateful not to be in her pain today. 
The relationship issue is still ongoing.  He called this morning and I just can't bring myself to say stop.  What if I change my mind.  I am trying to let this die a natural death.  Make sense?
I was reminded again this morning of how letting God direct our paths (and theirs too) is not always easy but once we make a start we keep going.  No matter what.
My insides get weak and I ask for help.  This is no different than my other addictions.  I can't do this alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment