About Me

My photo
Allowing the flow not to consume me!

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Weddings, birthdays and Fall!

I say each time the seasons change that I love the newest one.  I stayed really sad for so long that the fall season just broke my heart.  Not so much anymore.  Lots of action in the fall.

Son and DIL had a fabulous honeymoon in Hawaii!!!!!!!!!!  What an opportunity for them to share.

3 grandchildren, daughter, brother all have fall birthdays, oh and mine (does that count?).  Football at the highschool level and of course the SEC games which i love! 

Cool air moves in and out but soon will be here to stay.  I love crisp fall mornings.  Leaves changing colors.... pumpkin pie, bread anything you can do with pumpkin..........  

So the thought I had today was how richly we can be and not be able to see it.  An action to be taken and for me that needs to be daily.   OH, i am more than aware of how fortunate I am.  Blessed beyond anything I ever imagined and truly know that only began when I surrendered my old life several years ago.   I look back at times but quickly try to focus on today....

Oldest granddaughter got her learners permit the other day.  Where has the time gone?  She is such a beautiful girl...........  15... Wow!


One further note:  social media... the other dayI got a friends request from someone that I did not know.  Come to find out she is a cousin from my fathers side of the family.  Before I knew it her brother had joined in.  It was so much fun.  She began posting pics of my grandmother, their dad and other family members that I don't remember.  We were not around them after the divorce and really not much before that... how sad...........  BUT!  on a positive note.... how cool to reconnect.



No comments:

Post a Comment